Always the last Sunday
Vikingland Band Festival : 2022 Parade Info
2022 VIKINGLAND BAND FESTIVAL INFO
Join us on Sunday, June 26 at 1:30 PM for the 38th Annual Vikingland Band Festival parade marching championship.
Information current as of April 1. Visit this website and follow our Facebook page for any last-minute updates.
Quick links to the information on this page:
Reviewing Stand Seating Tickets
Hotels and Lodging
Map and Directions to Alexandria
2022 PARADE ENTRIES
Roster as of April 1.
The 2022 festival features another great lineup!
• Alexandria - Host
• River City Rhythm Drum & Bugle Corps - Honor Unit
• Annandale High School Drumline - Exhibition
• Champlin Park
• Fergus Falls
• Sartell-St. Stephen
• Sauk Rapids-Rice
• St. Michael-Albertville
• Two Rivers
• Winona Cotter
• 728 Cadets
The Vikingland Band Festival parade travels south on Alexandria's main street (Broadway) from 4th Avenue to 15th Avenue.
There are four performance zones which provide the best opportunity for you to hear every band play their music.
- Judging takes place near the intersection of 6th Avenue and Broadway.
- A People's Choice voting area is near the intersection of 8th Avenue and Broadway.
- A second People's Choice voting area is near the intersection of 11th Avenue and Broadway.
- A final performance area is near the intersection of 14th Avenue and Broadway. This zone ends where all the drum majors gather to salute their competitors.
- Free Programs - Pick up your free copy of the parade program from the bins on corners of key intersections along the parade route. Look for
the plastic bins with bright green signs. NEW FOR 2022: A digital version of the program will be available for your mobile device.
- Bathrooms - Portable restrooms are located on the side streets off Broadway near 6th, 8th, 10th and 13th Avenues.
- Concessions - Look for concession vendors near 8th and 10th Avenues.
REVIEWING STAND SEATING Ticket sales begin the end of May.
Bleacher seating is available in prime viewing areas along the parade route where every band performs.
This is a convenient option since your ticket ensures that you don't have to carry your own lawn chair and you don't have to arrive early to claim a good seat.
A very limited number of seats are available in the VIP bleachers. This premium section is located on the west side of 6th Avenue next to the judging platform and is where our grand marshals and major sponsors are seated. (Limit of 4 VIP tickets per order, please).
Seats at 6th Avenue (East and West sides) are in the judging area. Seats at 8th Avenue (West side) are located within a People's Choice voting area.
The 14th Avenue zone has covered canopy tents with padded chairs. Cheer as bands cross the finish line of the championship parade with their grand finale performance!
Ticket sales are scheduled to begin at the end of May.
HOTELS AND LODGING
If you need a place to stay during your visit to Alexandria, refer to the the Explore Alexandria website at ExploreAlex.com
or the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce website at
MAP AND DIRECTIONS TO ALEXANDRIA
Alexandria is located in central Minnesota roughly half-way between Fargo, North Dakota, and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
From Interstate 94, turn into Alexandria at exit number 103. Exit to the North going toward the town.
(You'll be on Broadway/Highway 27/Highway 29 ... all three roads converge and become the main street
through the city). The parade travels on Broadway in the downtown area.
If you want to visit the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce office, continue north all the way
into town. The Chamber is located at 206 Broadway, just a few steps beyond 3rd Avenue
and directly across from the town's most famous landmark: the 26-foot Big Ole viking statue.
View An Interactive Map
Zoom Out - Statewide View