Always the last Sunday
Vikingland Band Festival : 2016 Parade Info
2016 VIKINGLAND BAND FESTIVAL INFO
Join us on Sunday, June 26 at 1:30 PM for the 32nd Annual Vikingland Band Festival parade marching championship. Come a day early to enjoy the
Minnesota Drum Corps Premiere on Saturday, June 25 at 6:30 PM.
The 2016 event will feature a whopping 2,000 performers in 24 marching ensembles ... 19 competing bands, one host band and four honor units!
• Alexandria - Host
• Calgary Stampede Showband (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) - Honor Unit
• Calgary Stetson Show Band (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) - Honor Unit
• Calgary Round-Up Band (Calgary, Alberta, Canada) - Honor Unit
• Minnesota Brass Drum & Bugle Corps (St. Paul, MN) - Honor Unit
• Champlin Park
• Fergus Falls
• Henry Sibley
• Mankato 77 Lancers
• Maple Lake
• New York Mills
• Sauk Rapids-Rice
• Solar Sound
• St. Michael-Albertville
• Winona Cotter
• 728 Cadets
Parade order and classes of competition will be posted in May.
The Vikingland Band Festival parade travels south on Alexandria's main street (Broadway) from 4th Avenue to 15th Avenue.
There are four performance zones which provide the best opportunity for you to hear every band play their music.
View a map
- Judging takes place near the intersection of 6th Avenue and Broadway.
- A People's Choice voting area is near the intersection of 8th Avenue and Broadway.
- The DVD cameras and second People's Choice voting area are near the intersection of 11th Avenue and Broadway.
- A final performance area is near the intersection of 14th Avenue and Broadway. This zone ends where all the drum majors gather to salute their competitors.
REVIEWING STAND SEATING
Bleacher seating is available in prime viewing areas along the parade route.
This is a convenient option since your ticket ensures that you'll have a great seat along the parade route,
you don't have to carry your own lawn chair, and you don't have to arrive early to claim a good seat.
Seats at 6th Avenue are on the EAST side of the street facing the judges platform. Seats at 8th Avenue are on BOTH sides of the street and will have an emcee providing commentary between the performances.
Seats in the 14th Avenue final performance zone will be on the WEST side.
Every marching band will perform in these areas.
Tickets will be on sale in spring 2016
HOTELS AND LODGING
If you need a place to stay during your visit to Alexandria, refer to the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
Lodging Directory or the Explore Alexandria Tourism website at ExploreAlex.com.
MAP AND DIRECTIONS TO ALEXANDRIA
Alexandria is located in central Minnesota roughly half-way between Fargo, North Dakota, and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
From Interstate 94, turn into Alexandria at exit number 103. Exit to the North going toward the town.
(You'll be on Broadway/Highway 27/Highway 29 ... all three roads converge and become the main street
through the city). The parade travels on Broadway in the downtown area.
If you want to visit the Alexandria Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce office, continue north all the way
into town. The Chamber is located at 206 Broadway, just a few steps beyond 3rd Avenue
and directly across from the town's most famous landmark: the 26-foot Big Ole viking statue.
View An Interactive Map
Zoom Out - Statewide View