Now in its ninth year, the McKendree University Preview of Champions has become one of the largest independent high school marching band competitions in the St. Louis area.
The contest is held on the scenic campus of McKendree University in Lebanon, IL, which features a state-of-the-art turf field. The university's Marching Bearcat Band serves as host for the contest and is the featured performing ensemble during the event.
The Preview of Champions offers the following amenities for attending bands:
• Lighted game day turf field
• Bands perform based on number of instrumentalists
• Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class and Grand Champion Award
• Caption awards including outstanding percussion, color guard, visual presentation and wind performance
• Video review immediately after each band's performance
• Clinician comments immediately after each band's performance
• Indoor director & staff hospitality room overlooking the field
• Concessions available for purchase
72.40 Murphysboro H.S., Murphysboro, IL
60.40 Freeburg Community H.S., Freeburg, IL
56.60 Orchard Farm H.S., St. Charles, MO
55.80 Casey-Westfield H.S., Casey, IL
69.25 Marquette H.S., Chesterfield, MO
63.30 Centralia H.S., Centralia, IL
62.05 McCluer North H.S., Florissant, MO
77.25 Collinsville H.S., Collinsville, IL
76.65 Marion H.S., Marion, IL
Cancelled due to member illnesses: Pinckneyville Community H.S., Pinckneyville, IL
82.55 Edwardsville H.S., Edwardsville, IL
80.50 Belleville East H.S., Belleville, IL
72.70 Mascoutah H.S., Mascoutah, IL
69.40 Highland H.S., Highland, IL
McKendree University Marching Bearcat Band
The annual show date is announced in the spring each year. The date is selected based upon stadium availability.
Email: David Boggs
, Director of Athletic Bands
McKendree University, Hettenhausen Center for the Arts 1092, 701 College Road, Lebanon, IL 62254
If you're interested in entering your band in the McKendree University Preview of Champions,
you may register online at the web link above.